Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Compass and Map

For my compass project, I decided to go with the 2D format using a column as my artifact. The curved word influence symbolizes the rise and shift of power towards Rome. The composite column represented the height of their power (collected forms of previous styles of column). The shattered stones to the left of the column represent the material while the person beneath them represents man. The leaves coming off the column represent the origin of the column and nature.





For my Map project, I was given the following sites: Basilica Ulpia, Grand Central Terminal, Eames House, and Gunston Hall- in which I translated into the 3D, paragraph, word, and 2D form, respectfully.


I'll try to get a better picture of the map project once I find my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment